UV Index meter Solartech 6.5
I think, beside the Solartech 6.2, also of buying Solartech 6.5. This meter reflects the UV index. Something what is recently published by Frances. The amount of mW/cm2 there exactly between 290 and 320 nm is important, but also the range beside.

Some UVB compacts are spiking on 280nm wich is bad. Besides that I'm just curious about measuring the whole UV range.
It's also diectly usable info on our website.

How do you think about that?
Antwoord
Good idea! I spoke with Frances about the 6.5 earlier.
Antwoord
Maybe we can make it all more easy to explain by making a graph per lamp with two measurements. 1 for UVB with 6.2 and 1 with UVIndex with 6.5

With this an explanation about the importance. (think about the weldingeyes when using the wrong UVB compact)
1.1.0 Uromastyx acanthinura Nigriventis
0.0.3 Dipsosaurus dorsalis
Antwoord
Makes it more clear I think
Antwoord
Great idea!
Antwoord
Recently purchased an 6.5

Amazing to see that the amount of UVB (6.2 reading) and the UV Index (6.5 reading) differs between the sun and a UV bulb.

At 250mW/cm2 a Megaray allready has an UVI of 6-8 while the sun is 2-4 at the same UVB level. This learns us that we must be very carefull in providing more than 300mW/cm2 in our enclosures! The UVI at this level rates >8!!!

Frances allready told me that an animal needs at most a 200mW/cm2 reading from a 6.2 meter for safety. This because of the fact that 200mW/cm2 from the UV bulb is more effective than 200mW/cm2 from the sun. This is proven by the fact that de UVI of the bulbs is higher.
1.1.0 Uromastyx acanthinura Nigriventis
0.0.3 Dipsosaurus dorsalis
Antwoord

Ga naar locatie:

Gebruikers die dit topic lezen: 1 gast(en)